Oregon Small School's Assn. article in Small Talk Newsletter- "Response to Intervention model sparks positive results"
South Coast ESD will provide excellent programs and services for school districts. The ESD programs will be in an environment that promotes self-determination and offers a seamless transition from EI/ECSE to adult. The ESD will continue to promote inclusion of student, family and staff in their school community
South Coast ESD will support a quality education for students in a positive, respectful and safe environment that promotes a process of self-determination. The SCESD supports opportunities for districts through cooperative services that can be provided more cost effectively and/or efficiently by pooling resources.
- Continuous Improvement, Self Evaluation
- Clear Goals & Expectations
- Safe Environment
- Open & Frequent Two Way Communication
South Coast ESD School Board and Superintendent Goals
2010 – 2012
MISSION STATEMENT FOR SCESD BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND SUPERINTENDENT:
Increase the SCESDs sensitivity, appreciation and understanding of cultural differences and honor diversities by continuing to maintain a value based leadership philosophy and a participatory form of governance.
Areas of Focus:
• Enable all students to maximize their abilities by defining quality educational experiences designed to improve the student’s quality of life and independence.
• Improve the quality and effectiveness of communication
• Increase the opportunities for involvement
• Increase the activities for professional development
3. SCHOOL DISTRICTS, ESDs AND OTHER AGENCIES
• Continue to implement partnerships designed to improve the efficiency and quality of programs and services.
• Improve the quality of communication
• Increase the involvement of stakeholders