The Speech/Language program provides the following services:
- Comprehensive speech and language evaluations of all children, birth through graduation from high school, who are suspected of having a communication disability.
- Direct therapy, inservice, assistance with program planning and modifications, and consultation services for students, kindergarten through high school, with disorders of language, articulation, fluency, swallowing, or voice.
DEPARTMENT ACTION STATEMENTS
- Identify, assess and deliver special education services to qualified students in a setting appropriate for each child.
- Promote speech-language services so that district administrations utilize speech-language pathologists as an integral part of their services and schools utilize us as a part of the school team.
- Teach communication-disordered students compensatory strategies to help them succeed academically.
- Advocate for field of Speech Pathology
Location: Room #6