Early Intervention & Early Childhood Special Education
Welcome to EI/ECSE
Dear Parents, Families, and Community Stakeholders,
I am happy to be in the role as program administrator of the South Coast ESD’s Early Intervention (EI) and Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) programs. I believe that our highly qualified speech pathologists, early child special education teachers, and related service providers possess the skills, commitment, and passion for providing top notch therapy and instruction. Together, we are focused on supporting infants and children from birth to age 5 who are referred to our program and found eligible for special education.
Our collaborative relationships with parents throughout the EI/ECSE process is very important. The team effort put into place by the student’s Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) is what helps our youngsters make progress in their areas of need, reach developmental milestones, and become more prepared for kindergarten.
We appreciate the opportunity to work with the children in both Coos and Curry counties. We are here to support children, parents, and other involved family members learn about the child’s unique needs and how to focus on their strengths and push towards growth. If you have any questions regarding our services or would like to refer a child to be evaluated for program eligibility, please contact our office.
Thank you very much,
- 211 Child Care Referral
- Safe Schools Training – Child Abuse: Identification, Intervention & Sexual Conduct (Registration Key for Parents: dc07938a)
- Protocols for Safety due To COVID 19 for EI: Therapy Appointments
- Protocols for Safety due To COVID 19 for EI: Disinfecting/Cleaning
- EI/ECSE Notice of Procedural Safeguards/Parent Rights (English)
- Notice of Procedural Safeguards/Parent Rights (access to links for booklets in a variety of languages)
- FACT Oregon
- Disability Rights Oregon
- South Coast Regional Early Learning Hub (SCREL)
- Oregon Department of Education, EI/ECSE Program Information
- Autism Society of Oregon
- Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning (CSEFEL)
- ASQ (Ages and Stages Questionnaire) – Development Screening Tool
- Universal Referral Form (fillable PDF- English)
- Universal Referral Form (fillable PDF—Spanish)
- State Interagency Coordinating Council (SICC)
- EI/ECSE State Interagency Coordinating Council Governor’s Report 2021-22